Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs)
As a NAPS member, you can no longer save money into the AVC Plan, but you can change the investment of your existing AVCs between any of the three AVC funds available.
- There are currently no transaction charges that have to be met by members.
- Each fund has a different type of return. You can choose from a lower-risk fund with a guaranteed return or a higher-risk fund in which any returns you get are linked to the value of your investment, which can rise or fall, or you can split your money across more than one fund.
- When you retire you can choose to take your AVC fund as part of your retirement lump sum, which is tax-free within HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) limits, use it to buy extra pension.
- Or, you can choose to transfer some or all of your AVCs to a different pension provider (independently of your APS Scheme benefits if you want) instead of drawing them from the Scheme.
- Our AVC funds are managed by the BA Pensions team and are only available to APS and NAPS members.